The most famous island complex of the Aegean includes some of the most beautiful islands in the world! The amazing beaches and the wonderful sandy beaches, the charming coexistence of white and blue in Cycladic architecture, the traditional way of life, the islands songs, the warm hospitality, the bare landscapes with the deserted chapels make the trip to the Cyclades truly unique.
The name “Cyclades” refers to the islands that form a circle around the sacred island of Delos. Greek mythology states that the Cyclades are a creation of Poseidon, who transformed into islands of the Cyclades nymphs when they provoked his rage.
Millions of Greeks and foreign travelers are visiting today Cyclades (Santorini, Mykonos, Delos, Paros, Antiparos, Naxos, Ios, Syros, Tinos, Milos, Kea, Amorgos, Sifnos, Serifos, Andros, Kythnos, Kimolos, Anafi, Folegandros, Sikinos, Heraklion, Schinoussa, Donousa and Koufonisia), looking in the blinding light and the transparent blues waters their own version for a “magical vacation”.
All you have to do is see them too!
- Andros is the northernmost island of the Cyclades, with a large navy tradition, differs from the typical image we have of the Cycladic islands: beyond the sandy beaches, mountain ranges alternate with fertile plains, while impressive vegetation and abundant water.
- Tinos, one of the charming -although “unknown” – Cycladic islands, is the largest religious center in the country, as it is connected integrally with the pilgrimage of Panagia Megalohari. Α whole world full of reverence comes to her grace to fulfilling a vow or simple pilgrimage seeking help and consolation.
- One of the most famous tourist destinations in the world! Mykonos is the most internationally known Greek island and is the favorite destination of celebrities from many parts of the world. It is one of the most beautiful Cycladic islands, full of bare hills, stunning sandy beaches, highly preserved Cycladic architecture, white churches and landscapes of unique beauty.
- Kea or Jia is a beautiful Cycladic island and one of the most popular destinations due to the short distance from the east coast of Attica. On the island, there are great landscape changes: steep mountains, small meadows, olive groves, vineyards, ravines, picturesque coves, secluded beaches, and many natural water sources.
- Santorini (or Thira) is located in the southernmost point of the Cyclades and is essentially a complex of islands consisting of the islands of Thira, Thirasia, Aspronisi, Palea and Nea Kameni. This island complex was created due to the intense volcanic activity – we would say that it really emerged from the bowels of the earth!
- Although Kythnos (or Thermia, due to its thermal springs) is one of closer to Attica Cyclades, remains one of the most unknown corners of the Aegean.
- Anafi is a small paradise, with untouched natural beauties and heavenly beaches with crystal clear waters. According to mythology, Anafi by the order of Apollo invisible from the bottom of the Aegean, offers shelter to the Argonauts
- Ios or Nios, as the locals call their island, is one of the most beautiful islands of the Cyclades, like a flower as its name suggests (“ion”). According to ancient tradition, Ios was the homeland of Homer’s mother, but also the burial place of the great epic poet
- Folegandros (or Polykandros) offers an absolute vacation relaxation in a genuine Cycladic landscape, which has been unaffected by tourism development. According to mythology, the island owes its name to the son of Minos, Folegandros, leader of the first settlers of the island
- Serifos is a typical Cycladic island, ideal for quiet holidays, full of peaceful harbors, white villages and golden beaches that alternate with wild mountains, bare hills and unique landscapes. The island thanks to its mild tourist development has maintained its traditional island physiognomy.
- Kimolos belongs to the complex of the western Cyclades and is located next to Milos. Despite its small size, it has endless beauty. A volcanic island, with a unique variety of rocks, Kimolos is famous for its wonderful beaches with fine sand and pebbles in picturesque small coves.
- An island with a tradition in pottery and gastronomy, Sifnos welcomes the lucky pursuers who will travel as their destination.
- Sikinos, a small island between Ios and Folegandros, is the option for quiet stress relievers and stress relievers are of a tedious daily routine. Authentically Cycladic landscape, where the upgrades with the dry crops, the dry stones, the numerous chapels and of course the amazing beaches with the turquoise waters dominate.
- Paros is located in the center of the Cyclades and is one of the most popular holiday destinations, with unparalleled natural beauty, endless sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and impressive landscapes.
- In the heart of the Cyclades is the largest and most fertile island of the complex, Naxos, which is in itself a multitude of choices of actions and pleasures for lucky visitors.
- Heraklion is a small island (18 sq. Km.), The westernmost of the Small Cyclades, and is an ideal destination for those who want a peaceful vacation. With an area of just 9 sq. Km., Schinoussa is located approximately in the center of the Small Cyclades complex (N of Naxos and NE of Heraklion)
- Koufonisia is a small complex, which includes two islands, Pano and Kato Koufonisi, which are separated by a narrow strait of 200 m. They are located SE of Naxos and W of Amorgos. Their name is due to the huge caves, which the pirates saw from afar, considering that the islands are hollow.
- Donoussa is the northernmost island of the Mikra complex Cyclades. It is located east of Naxos and north of Amorgos. It has an area of 13.5 sq. Km and its territory form many bays, between which there are excellent sandy beaches. It is an ideal destination for lovers of quiet holidays.
- Antiparos, a small island, which is primarily offered for peaceful and quiet holidays, is next to Paros. In ancient times it was called Oliaros and on the neighboring island of Saliagos a very important Neolithic settlement was discovered, the oldest in the Cyclades.
- Amorgos, the island of “Infinite Blue” (where much of the film was shot), is located at the southeastern tip of the Cyclades and is characterized by its very special physiognomy. The mountains, the impressive slopes (extremely climbing fields), the mountain slopes with the terraces and few crops, the steep shores in the southern part and the picturesque coves with the beautiful beaches in the north compose the Amorgian landscape. Result of the volcanic activity of ancient times, the
- Milos is endowed with a multitude of natural beauties and unique attractions, while huge possibilities for any kind of action are offered to the most demanding visitor.
- In Syros, the capital of the Cyclades, the “our East” communicates harmoniously with the “light from Esperia”, resulting in a unique, stately and cosmopolitan atmosphere