Zakynthos is an island in the Ionian Sea with unique beauty. Known for its stunning beaches, it is a popular holiday destination for travelers from all over the world.
Holidays in Zakynthos
The Venetians named Zakynthos “Il Fiore di Levante”, which means “Flower of the East”. With this name they wanted to describe the rich natural beauty of the island, which stands out for the variety of flowers, trees and wild herbs. Zakynthos is really impressive and the landscapes of the island will fascinate you from the first moment. Zakynthos Marine Park is also one of the most important habitats in Greece for the protection of the Caretta Caretta turtle and the Mediterranean seal Monachus Monachus.
In recent years, Zakynthos has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Greece, as in addition to beautiful beaches, it offers many options for activities, entertainment, nightlife, sea
Beaches in Zakynthos
Zakynthos is famous for its crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches, caves and impressive seabed. The island is a paradise for diving enthusiasts, while many travel agencies organize day cruises in hidden coves and sea caves. A list of the most beautiful beaches in Zakynthos:
- Shipwreck: The trademark beach of Zakynthos and one of the most photographed beaches in Greece. Magnificent clear blue waters, white sand, towering cliffs and the hull of the shipwreck compose a landscape of unique beauty.
- Limnionas: Small and quiet rocky creek with crystal clear waters.
- Laganas: The most cosmopolitan beach of Zakynthos. It is endless (length about 9 km) and organized. It has sand, shallow blue waters, taverns and bars. Boats are touring the bay and with a little luck you can see Caretta Caretta turtles!
- Argassi: One of the busiest beaches on the island. It has sand and shallow, crystal clear waters. It is organized with sunbeds and umbrellas, has infrastructure for water sports, as well as taverns and ouzo.
- Agios Nikolaos Vasilikos: Probably the most popular beach of the island, it is sandy with clear blue waters. It is fully organized with umbrellas, sunbeds and bars. Here you can also do water sports!
- Gerakas: One of the most beautiful beaches of Zakynthos. It has a vast golden sandy beach, deep blue shallow waters, umbrellas and sunbeds. At one end you will find clay to make mud baths!
- Marathonisi: An island opposite the shore of Lake Keri, has dense vegetation and 2 beaches of exotic beauty. One has sand and the other pebbles. In the second there are 2 small caves!
- Blue caves: Peculiar geological formations have created a series of caves on the northwest coast of Zakynthos. The reflections of light give the water an impressive blue color! You can visit them by boat.
- Tsilivi: The area is a tourist resort and the beach has bars, restaurants and water sports facilities. It is sandy with crystal clear waters.
Tip: To go to the most famous beach on the island, the Shipwreck, you have two options: you can book a boat trip to enjoy your swim in the clear waters or follow the paths that lead over the beach to take impressive photos from above.